Wednesday, January 19, 2005

BB2 female 11/9/85


BB2 female 11/9/85
Originally uploaded by yeimaya.
BB2 was named for her belly wound. in the seven years that I knew her, it never healed. Sometimes it would be torn and bleeding others it would just be raw. A seal's belly is like the soles of our feet... they hitch along the rocks when they haul out, over jagged edges and barnacles. On this day it could be that she snagged it when she moved.

I wonder if the water prevented it from healing because it never could dry out, but the salt staved off a life threatening infection. She seemed healthy all those years and succesfully raise several pups.

1 Comments:

Blogger louiserickson6002 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home